Friday 9 December 2011

A real life Nativity?


"Christmas comes but once a year", but wait!  Could we be about to witness the second coming?

The evidence:
1) There was a couple expecting their first child.
2) All around them there was a furore of goings-on.
3) There is a chance that they will be homeless.
4) If the little blighter comes a week early it could be born on December 25th.


Now listen, I'm not saying that ours was an immaculate conception but sometimes, when I look at the due date, I do ask myself  "How did this all happen?" (Just joking before anyone starts cracking any funnies!)

Now all we need is a donkey, three wise men and a stable in which to lay our homeless heads come the eve of December 24th and who knows; we may be looking at the arrival of the next Messiah.

Yee Gads! Could it all just be coincidence?  Well of course it is, ha! but let me have my moment of fun before all hell breaks lose.  Like all new parents I am obviously thinking that my child is bound to be some sort of gift from the Gods, but that is also twinned with the hopes and fears that is okay and doesn't grow up to be the next Hitler.  I mean even old Adolf was once a bonnie baby bouncing upon his parents' knees.

Of course there are many things that may prevent all this from happening:

a) It might be a girl (and the name Jesus just wouldn't work if that's the case)
b) It might be born on any of the other 22 days between now and the due date of Jan 1st rather than Dec 25th.
c) I don't think we have had many dealings with God so the chances of us having His kid are more than just a tadge slim.

In reality, our baby it's more likely to be a wee baby Eve, Noel, Christopher, Robin or Holly than a Jesus (without being blasphemous, I simply wouldn't be that cruel).

So having said all that one thing is certainly true. All of our Christmases will have come at once if Lumpy (its pre-birth name) decides it wants to break free and star in its very first Nativity play in a fortnight's time.

So don't get out there to buy us some Frankincense or Mir just yet, although we will be happy to take any gifts of gold that you may want to bestow unto us.

We will leave Christmas to the original son of God and we will be over the moon with our little wonder kid whatever day of this festive time of year it arrives on.

So for now I shall just wait with Great Dadspectations knowing that the night before Christmas will soon be upon us.

What's that I see out of the window? A star? (play Twighlight Zone music to fade).

No comments:

Post a Comment